We get it — you don’t want to make the wrong decision.
It’s all too easy, after all, to make a quick-fire choice, only to regret that decision a few months down the road when you’re trying to expand your scope of influence, integrate with a new tool, or create a new process which the service you chose doesn’t allow for.
It’s frustrating. But more importantly, it gets in the way of business momentum and growth.
If we can help you dodge that frustration altogether, then we will!
You might have noticed that you’re on the ClickFunnels website — and naturally, we think our service is pretty awesome. But in this article, we’re going to give you an honest analysis of the service we offer and the service Leadpages offers.
Both are awesome in their own right. Whether you choose ClickFunnels or Leadpages really depends on what you’re trying to do (i.e., create an entire marketing funnel or create a single landing page), what features and integrations you require, and how much you want to spend.
So let’s start by addressing the biggest difference between ClickFunnels and Leadpages.
The Biggest Difference Between ClickFunnels and Leadpages
While it might seem like ClickFunnels and Leadpages are basically the same, there is one critical difference worth discussing.
Namely, that Leadpages builds landing pages and ClickFunnels builds sales funnels.
What’s the difference between a landing page and a sales funnel?
A landing page is a single page meant to convert visitors into leads or leads into paying customers. Here’s an example of the kind of landing page you can create using Leadpages.
A sales funnel, on the other hand is a series of pages and forms which guide the prospect from interest to conversion.
In fact, there are a lot of different types of sales funnels. To name a few, there’s the dead-simple Squeeze Page Funnel which is perfect for collecting email addresses…
There’s the Application Sales Funnel which is perfect for collecting applications and generating leads…
And there’s the Tripwire Sales Funnel, which is perfect for selling products to warm or cold leads…
That’s what we specialize in at ClickFunnels — a high-converting experience for you and your prospects. (You can try us free for 14 days over here!)
Which is better — a landing page or an entire sales funnel?
The honest answer to that question is both can work just fine. Both can turn visitors into leads and leads into paying customers. And both aim to do just that.
However, we created ClickFunnels because we’ve seen higher conversion rates across the board using an intentionally crafted funnel.
But some people get perfectly fine conversion rates using a simple, optimized landing page. Naturally, the choice is yours. And to help you make the best decision for your business, let’s walk through the feature-differences between ClickFunnels and Leadpages.
Does ClickFunnels and/or Leadpages have all the features you’re going to want 6 months or 6 years from now?
Let’s take a look.
Easy Drag-And-Drop Visual Editor
ClickFunnels has an insanely powerful and easy-to-use drag-and-drop visual editor for designing each page and form within your sales funnel. No need to know how to code in order to get the look you want.
With ClickFunnels, you don’t need to go to a third-party service for your website hosting. You can host your entire sales funnel through ClickFunnels. You can even register a new domain right inside of your ClickFunnels account or add a domain you already own.
Professional Themes And Templates
Don’t want to design your entire sales funnel from scratch? Don’t worry — ClickFunnels does all the heavy lifting for you. We’ll help you choose the ideal funnel for your business and then you can select the perfect template from our easy-to-navigate theme library.
At ClickFunnels, we’re firm believers in the power of split testing. It’s something we do a lot for our own website and we pass that ability onto our members so that they can get the highest possible conversion rate.
Easy-To-Implement Sales Funnels
At ClickFunnels, creating sales funnels that convert like clockwork is our bread and butter. It’s what we pride ourselves on and it’s one reason why many of our members have found such success in their businesses.
If you sign up for Clickfunnels, you’re going to want to know how your sales funnel is performing. Which is why we’ve created a “Stats” tab that is dedicated to providing you with mission-critical metrics (such as “Earnings per click,” “Average cart value,” and tons more).
One of the biggest benefits of ClickFunnels is that you can do tons of different stuff in a single place — website hosting, domain registering, landing page and form creation, and even email autoresponder automation.
Rather than use a third-party software to send emails to your leads, you can create automated sequences right within ClickFunnels (but don’t worry if you do want to use a different service for email — we allow for that, too, in our integrations).
In addition to high-converting sales funnels, ClickFunnels also offers the ability to create subscription-based membership sites.
If you’re a ClickFunnels user, then there’s no need to find a different service for your customer’s online shopping cart. They can add-to-cart and buy right within your ClickFunnels site.
Drag-And-Drop Visual Editor
Leadpages has a drag-and-drop visual editor that allows users to customize their landing pages however they like. It can be a bit restrictive with where you’re allowed to drop certain widgets, but it’s certainly easier than coding your own landing page.
Unlimited Page Publishing
Leadpages advertises that you can publish as many landing pages as your heart desires. And for the most part, that’s true. But it is worth mentioning that you’re allowed 1 site on their Standard Plan, 3 sites on their Pro Plan, and up to 50 sites on their Advanced Plan — and the landing pages you publish can only be for those sites that are connected to your Leadpages account.
Exit Intent Pop-Ups
Leadpages has a nifty tool which allows you to create exit-intent pop-ups on your landing pages (which can help convert visitors who are about to leave).
With Leadpages, you can split test different elements to determine what converts well and what doesn’t.
Urgency is a powerful selling tool. And Leadpages has a drag-and-drop widget which allows you to add a countdown timer (and thus a sense of urgency) to any landing page.
Leadpages Domain Hosting
Leadpages allows you to host your website for free on their domain (YourDomain.leadpages.co) or you can connect a domain you’ve purchased elsewhere. But you can’t register a new domain directly through Leadpages like you can through ClickFunnels.
Finally, Leadpages allows users to edit their title tag and meta description easily within their landing page builder (so you can try to get the most SEO-juice out of your landing page).
Knowing the integrations of the service you choose — whether ClickFunnels or Leadpages — is critical for long-term success. The last thing you want is to choose a service which doesn’t allow for integrations you’ll need a few months or a few years down the road.
Note: These are not exhaustive lists of each company’s integrations, but overviews of some of the most important integrations that each service offers.
- Twilio — Use to personalize and schedule SMS messages.
- Embed A Calendar Into Your Funnel — Use to allow leads to schedule themselves on your calendar. Can use lots of different calendar software for integration.
- YouZign — Use for hosting custom images on YouZign and then publishing those same images on ClickFunnels.
- VWO Engage — Use to set up push notifications for your funnels.
- SalesForce — Use if you want to integrate SalesForce with your ClickFunnels account.
- Warrior Plus — Use to sell Warrior Plus products in your ClickFunnels site.
- Disc Delivered — Use to enable automatic order fulfillment when someone places an order in your funnel.
- Stripe Payment — Use Stripe as a payment integration and send funnel customers receipts directly from Stripe.
- Kajabi — Use to connect your products in ClickFunnels with membership areas in Kajabi.
- PayPal — Use to add a PayPal button to your ClickFunnels page and accept payments through PayPal.
- WordPress — Use to integrate your ClickFunnels account with your WordPress website.
- Shopify — Use to integrate your Shopify website with your ClickFunnels account.
- Slybroadcast — Use to send voicemails from Slybroadcast to your subscribers in ClickFunnels.
- Shipstation — Use to set up Shipstation for order fulfillment once someone purchases through ClickFunnels.
- Zapier — Use to integrate your ClickFunnels account with any other popular service.
- ZenDirect — Use to send customer information from ClickFunnels to ZenDirect to ship items from ZenDirect.
- Google Analytics — Use to connect your Leadpages data to Google Analytics.
- InfusionSoft — Use to connect InfusionSoft’s CRM to your LeadPages account.
- Zapier — Use to integrate your Leadpages account with any other popular service.
- Shopify — Use to connect your Leadpages account to your Shopify store.
- WordPress — Use to connect your Leadpages account to your WordPress site.
- Active Campaign — Use to connect your Leadpages account to your Active Campaign email account.
- MailChimp — Use to connect your Leadpages account to your MailChimp email account.
- LiveChat — Use to add LiveChat to your Leadpages landing pages.
- HubSpot — Use to connect your Leadpages account to the HubSpot CRM.
- PayPal — Use to take payments through PayPal on your Leadpages landing pages.
- Stripe — Use to take payments through Stripe on your Leadpages landing pages.
- Calendly — Use to add calendar scheduling capabilities through Calendly to your Leadpages account.
The good news is that both ClickFunnels and Leadpages have a 14-day free trial. With that in mind, it’s probably worth giving both services a try and seeing what fits your business the best.
But once the rubber hits the road and you have to pull out your wallet, here’s what the pricing of each service looks like.
ClickFunnels is $97/month for the basic plan and $297/month for Platinum.
Leadpages is $37/month for Standard, $79/month for Pro, and $321/month for Advanced.
Clearly, ClickFunnels costs more money than Leadpages.
But it’s a trade-off — with ClickFunnels, you’re going to get an entire sales funnel, membership site, payment gateway, domain registration capabilities, landing pages, opt-in forms, and a shopping cart that can replace your current website. With Leadpages, you’re going to get… well the ability to create a landing page or multiple landing pages.
Both services are great at what they do, but it depends on what you want — do you want another landing page to add to your current website? Or do you want an entire sales funnel that guides the prospect to conversion?
In other words, you get what you pay for. You just have to decide what you want to pay for.
Pros and Cons
Need a TL;DR version of our comparison between ClickFunnels and Leadpages?
Here it is.
Pros and Cons of ClickFunnels
- ClickFunnels creates entire sales funnels — If you want to guide prospects from interest to conversion, ClickFunnels has out-of-the box funnels designed to do just that.
- ClickFunnels is an all-in-one solution — ClickFunnels is the only selling solution that most businesses need. With us, you can register your domain, create landing pages and forms, and even compile an email list and stay in touch with your subscribers. Anything we don’t do, you can find an integration for.
- ClickFunnels is high-converting and dead-simple to use — At ClickFunnels, we pride ourselves on offering a high-converting solution that is so easy to use that a toddler could do it. No need to be a professional designer or a competent coder (you can try our 14-day free trial over here!).
- ClickFunnels is a little more expensive than LeadPages — Since ClickFunnels offers more capabilities than LeadPages, it’s a bit more expensive. But while you might pay a little more every month, you can also make a lot more using our high-converting sales funnels.
Pros and Cons of Leadpages
- Leadpages creates landing pages exclusively — If you just want to create a single page for cheap, then Leadpages might be the way to go.
- Leadpages is cheaper than ClickFunnels — Since Leadpages offers a landing page builder exclusively, it’s less expensive than ClickFunnels.
- Leadpages is relatively simple to use — Leadpages is also simple to use. They have a drag-and-drop visual editor that makes creating your landing pages quick and easy.
- Leadpages only creates landing pages — This is a pro and a con (depending on what you’re looking for). If you want an entire sales funnel that will convert visitors like clockwork, then ClickFunnels is the ticket. If you just want an inexpensive landing page, then Leadpages is probably the way to go.
ClickFunnels Case Study & Reviews
Check out the video below to learn how Natalie — a “single mom who just had a blog,” as she describes herself — used ClickFunnels to sell $20,000 worth of eBooks in a week, and then $20,000 in a day, and then over a million dollars worth of eBooks in just four months!
Leadpages Case Study & Reviews
Check out the video below to learn how a New York Times bestselling author and food blogger used Leadpages to grow his email list to 70,000 subscribers.
Which service is a better fit for your business — ClickFunnels or Leadpages?
As we’ve discussed, the answer to that question really depends on what you’re looking for… a single landing page or a high-converting sales funnel.
At ClickFunnels, we work hard to create sales funnels that turn our member’s prospects into paying customers. Because their success is our success.
Whatever you decide, we wish you and your business the best!